Thursday, July 28, 2011

MENDING & ALTERATIONS in PA . [SM]


For my dear friends in PA,

while my husband & I are here in town, I am offering my services to complete your daunting little sewing tasks. 
[hemming, patching, altering, or simply rearranging and gussying up your old, tired things.]

In return I'll be asking about $10 for an hour [with an hours work minimum, if possible]

a few guesses on how long various projects may take::
sewing on a button or two  .  10 min
Jeans  .   1/2 hour for a pair
Simple dress hem  .  45 min
Taking a dress in  .  1/2 hour for pinning, 1 hour to sew
formal dress tailoring  .  2-3 hours [depending on what is needed]
[my favorite thing to do] Redesigning & Gussying  .  1-4 hours


I realize this is not very definitive, so if you've got some things you need mended and such, or something you're just not quite ready to give to goodwill,  just call or email me & I can certainly give you a more accurate number. I do believe I can honestly commit that there is no task to big or small & I am looking forward [nearly ecstatic] to work on these new projects.





Sara Marie Thompson  .  434.942.6300
slateandsable@gmail.com
 ["attn: SM" or "alterations" in the subject line]



No comments:

Post a Comment